Ways to Give to St. Paul's
In response to the spread of the coronavirus disease COVID-19, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church will not be gathering in person for worship services. This is a temporary measure and during this time we will instead be gathering via live worship webcast. Thank you for continuing to give St. Paul's in any of the following ways:
- Leave your check in the mailbox outside the church office.
- Mail your check to St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 958 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90403.
- Set up one-time or recurring automated check payments directly from your bank using the instructions below.
- NEW! Make a one-time or recurring online offering through give.stpaulsantamonica.org.
Please make sure to always note the name of the household and the designation (regular offering, special offering, etc.) in the memo.
Recurring giving helps to sustain St. Paul's through these uncertain times. It also helps St. Paul's stay on budget and focus less on administration and more on mission.
NEW! Online and Mobile Giving
St. Paul's now accepts online and mobile offerings through give.stpaulsantamonica.org, which is powered by Tithe.ly an online payment processing service tailored to churches and recommended by the ELCA. Here's how to use this new service:
- Give by going to give.stpaulsantamonica.org, or by clicking the buttons labeled "Give" on our website and in our email updates.
- Access from any computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Pay via credit card, debit card, or bank routing and account number (ACH).
- Make one-time or recurring offerings.
- You don't need to download an app or create an account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Online and Mobile Giving at St. Paul's
- Do I need to download an app?
- Do I need to create an account?
No, it is not necessary. You can make one-time and recurring gifts at give.stpaulsantamonica.org without setting up an account. If you would like to, however, you can create an account at give.stpaulsantamonica.org to securely store payment methods, manage recurring gifts, and view your giving history.
- How much does it cost to give through give.stpaulsantamonica.org?
When you give to St. Paul's through give.stpaulsantamonica.org the gift is reduced by 2.9% + $0.30 per credit/debit card transaction, or 1% + $0.30 per ACH/Bank transaction. When making your gift, you can check "Cover Fees" to increase the gift by the amount that would otherwise be lost to fees. There are no contracts, no up-front fees, no PCI or security fees, and no hidden fees of any kind for St. Paul's to use Tithe.ly.
- Where can I found out more about Tithe.ly?
- Is online giving better than sending a paper check, whether handwritten or automated?
Both are good options. While sending a check doesn't incur the fees that are charged by online and mobile giving, there is a small cost associated with the overhead of processing and managing paper check payments. The fees charged for giving through give.stpaulsantamonica.org are well worth the convenience and security offered by the service.
- Can I give through Venmo, Zelle, or PayPal?
No. At this time, St. Paul's is not able to accept bank-to-bank transfers or payments through services like Venmo, Zelle, and PayPal. Please use give.stpaulsantamonica.org instead.
- Where can I get help using give.stpaulsantamonica.org if I'm running into problems?
Automated Checks Through Your Bank
Most banks offer no-fee automatic bill pay that you can easily set up yourself through your bank website. Click on your bank below to get started. If your bank isn't listed here, call them and ask about automated payments.
Send offerings to St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 958 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90403.